FALL Travel Prep Program
The South Loudoun Fall 2020 Travel Prep program is a 6-week training program designed to prepare players for the upcoming Winter travel season. This program is designed for players in grades 4-9 who are interested in participating in Travel. This program is not a requirement to be accepted into the Winter Travel program, nor does participation guarantee acceptance into the Winter Travel program. Players must meet all requirements outlined in the Winter Travel Tryout requirements.
The program will feature small group training with High School coaches. Players will select one day per week (Monday through Thursdat) to participate in group training sessions.
Players can choose different combination of days each week to accommodate their schedule, space permitting. A weekly Signup Genius link will be provided and posted to allow flexibility to avoid Fall Sports conflicts.
Due to the current COVID-19 restrictions, the following are the requirements for the participants:
- All participants must bring their own basketball and may not share a basketball or other equipment.
- All participants must adhere to the social distancing guidelines and remain in their designated areas during instruction which are at least 10’ apart.
- All participants must wear a mask when in transit to/from the gym, to/from the restroom and when seated on the bench.
- All participants must remain in the gym area except when entering and exiting the gym and when traveling to the restrooms
- All participants must bring their own water bottle and may not use the building water fountains
- WATER ONLY is permitted in the GYM.
- Participants are not permitted to share water bottles.
- All participants must complete the health screen questionnaire (see Appendix A) and provide the health screening questionnaire to the instructor as part of the contacting tracing protocols.
- Any participant who is experiencing any symptoms listed in the health screening questionnaire must stay home and refrain from participating until they are symptom-free
- Parents, spectators and non-participants are prohibited from entering the building.
- When arriving, participants will proceed directly to their designated gym to check in and provide the Health Screening questionnaire/contact tracing form
- When departing, participants will proceed directly to the parking lot to meet their ride. Participants must adhere to the Social Distancing guidelines, remaining at least 10’ apart
The instructors reserve the right to remove participants if they exhibit any COVID-19 symptoms or if they are not adhering to the stipulated guidelines
- Week 1: August 30 - Sept 3
- Week 2: Sept 8 - Sept 11 (Monday sessions will be held on Fri 9/11)
- Week 3: Sept 14 - Sept 17
- Week 4: Sept 21 - Sept 24
- Week 5: Sept 28 - Oct 1
- Week 6: Oct 5 - Oct 8
The sessions will be 50 minutes long, with a 15-minute transition period. The nightly schedule will be as follows:
- Session 1: 6:20pm – 7:10pm
- Doors open at 6:15pm, Close at 6:25pm
- Pickup no later than 7:15pm
- Session 2: 7:25pm – 8:15pm
- Doors open at 7:20pm, close at 7:30pm
- Pickup no later than 8:20pm
- Session 3: 8:30pm – 9:20pm
- Doors open at 8:25pm, close at 8:35pm
- Pickup no later than 9:25pm
Additionally, the participants and parents understand the following:
- Doors will open 5 minutes before the schedule session, and doors will be locked 5 minutes after the scheduled start time. No participants will be permitted to join after the doors have closed.
- Failure to pick up participants on time will result in the following:
- First offense: Written warning
- Second offense: Removal from program for the duration of the season
- If the participant is removed from the session due to suspected COVID-19 symptoms or due to lack of following the guidelines, the parent must be prepared to return and immediately pick up the participant.
- Maximum capacity of 30 participants per session – 15 in each gym (Main and Aux)