Program Guide: Click here to download the Spring Program Guide
Weekly Training Signup: Click Here to Sign Up for Weekly Training (Registered Players Only)
The South Loudoun Spring Travel Prep program is a 8-week training program designed to keep players engaged and preparing for the Travel and Select. This program is designed for players in grades 3-8 (as of the current school year) who are interested in participating in a higher level of basketball. This program is not a requirement to be accepted into the Winter Travel program, nor does participation guarantee acceptance into the Winter Travel program. Players must meet all requirements outlined in the Winter Travel Tryout requirements. This program is designed for advanced-level players and is not a house/recreational program. Developmental players will be referred to Team Evolution's spring program or other training options.
The Spring Program runs mid-March through Memorial Day.
The program will feature a combination of small group training with High School coaches and team-specific practices. Players will select two days per week (Mondays - Thursdays) to participate in one group training sessions with a local high school coach and one team session.
Players can choose different combination of days each week to accommodate their schedule, space permitting. A weekly Signup Genius link will be provided and posted to allow flexibility to avoid Spring Sports conflicts.
Program Registration Information:
Registration for the Spring Program runs February 15 - March 7 and is restricted to those individuals who are invited to participate in the program.
Spring Registration Fees are posted annually on our Registration Page.
Spring 2021 Program Details:
Due to the current COVID-19 restrictions, the following are the requirements for the participants:
- All participants must bring their own basketball and may not share a basketball or other equipment.
- All participants must adhere to the social distancing guidelines and remain in their designated areas during instruction which are at least 10’ apart.
- All participants must wear a mask when in transit to/from the gym, to/from the restroom and when seated on the bench.
- All participants must remain in the gym area except when entering and exiting the gym and when traveling to the restrooms
- All participants must bring their own water bottle and may not use the building water fountains
- WATER ONLY is permitted in the GYM.
- Participants are not permitted to share water bottles.
- All participants must complete the online health screen questionnaire two hours prior to the start of training/practice.
- Any participant who is experiencing any symptoms listed in the health screening questionnaire must stay home and refrain from participating until they are symptom-free
- Parents, spectators and non-participants are prohibited from entering the building.
- When arriving, participants will proceed directly to their designated gym
- When departing, participants will proceed directly to the parking lot to meet their ride. Participants must adhere to the Social Distancing guidelines, remaining at least 10’ apart
The instructors reserve the right to remove participants if they exhibit any COVID-19 symptoms or if they are not adhering to the stipulated guidelines
- Evaluation Week A: March 15-18
- Evaluation Week B: March 22-25
- Spring Break is March 29-April 1. No sessions during Spring Break. Teams will be formed based on the evaluation sessions
- Week 1: April 5-8
- Week 2: April 12-15
- Week 3: April 19-23
- Week 4: April 26-30
- Week 5: May 3-7
- Week 6: May 10-14
- Week 7: May 17-21
- Week 8: May 24-28
The sessions will be 60 minutes long, with a 10-minute transition period. The nightly schedule will be as follows:
- Boys 3rd & 4th Grade: 6:10pm – 7:10pm
- Elementary Girls: 6:30pm - 7:40pm
- Boys 5th & 6th Grade: 7:20pm – 8:20pm
- Middle School Girls: 7:50pm - 9:00pm
- Boys 7th & 8th Grade: 8:30pm – 9:30pm
Additionally, the participants and parents understand the following:
- Doors will open 5 minutes before the schedule session, and doors will be locked 5 minutes after the scheduled start time. No participants will be permitted to join after the doors have closed.
- Failure to pick up participants on time will result in the following:
- First offense: Written warning
- Second offense: Removal from program for the duration of the season
- If the participant is removed from the session due to suspected COVID-19 symptoms or due to lack of following the guidelines, the parent must be prepared to return and immediately pick up the participant.